Tips for using fresh produce
- Snacks with dips - add chopped parsley, cilantro, or chives to plain yogurt and serve as a dip with fresh vegetables.
- Soups, stews, and stir-fry dishes - plan some meals around vegetables as a main dish then add other foods to complement it.
- Homemade baby food - peel, steam, and puree fresh fruits and vegetables to make your own baby food.
- Pasta sauce or lasagna - add chopped vegetables to pasta sauces and dishes to add flavor, nutrients, and texture.
- Make a sweet treat - fruits like blueberries, cherries, and strawberries make a great topping on cereal, granola, or when mixed with low-fat yogurt.