New Employee Training
Welcome to the Colorado WIC New Staff training
All new Colorado WIC staff must go through this training program. Links and resources to all the required training activities can be found here. All training activities must be successfully completed and documented according to the instructions in the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 1: Review the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 2: Fill out the Compass Access Form. Compass is the computer program you will use for your job in WIC.
Step 3: Refer to the orientation checklists for all required and recommended training activities.
Modules, online courses and activities
Step 5: Complete Level I within three months of hire.
- Orientation module and training activities.
- Screening module and training activities.
- Nutrition Risk Factor module and training resources.
- Food Package module.
- Online Compass modules order of completion/objectives.
At the conclusion of each module and online course, an online post-test is required. Refer to the CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for instructions.
After successful completion of the Level I modules and post-tests, the new employee will be observed and records reviewed by the supervisor/trainer using the forms below.
Step 6: Complete Level II within six months of hire. At the conclusion of each module and online course, a post-test is required.
- Basic nutrition module.
- Breastfeeding module.
- Infant nutrition module.
- Baby behavior online course: Refer to CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for access instructions.
- Prenatal and Postpartum module.
- Preschool child nutrition module.
- WIC Visit Assessment and Counseling Evaluation Tool.
Step 7: Complete Level III within nine months of hire. At the conclusion of the online course, a post-test will be administered. The online course contains additional resources to extend the learning.
- Optional: Handouts and training activities.
For questions about staff training, please contact your nutrition consultant or Brigitte Boyd, nutrition consultant, at email@example.com or 303-692-2380.