You don’t need any special supplies to breastfeed, but breast pumps may help.. Breast pumps are available from WIC, private insurance, and Medicaid.WIC staff will help show you how to set up, use and clean your breast pump and pump kit, store your milk, and provide you with pumping tips. Practice pumping at least 2 weeks before you will be regularly away from your baby
Pumping can be a useful way to increase your milk supply and is often a necessity when you are away from your baby.
breast pumps, milk storage, and pumping tips... CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PUMPING GUIDE!
- Mayo Clinic – Choosing a breast pump.
- Breast pumps and insurance coverage.
- Establishing and maintaining a milk supply.
- Pumping and storing breast milk.
- CDC - How to Keep Your Breast Pump Kit Clean: The Essentials.
Breast massage and hand expression
- Video: Milk expression tips.
- Video: Pumping Strategies: Maximizing Your Output – breast massage.
- Video: The Basics of Breast Massage and Hand Expression (Spanish subtitles).
- Video: Hand expression after pumping for working moms.
- Stanford Medicine
- Marmet Technique of hand expression videos.