WIC Certification Program
Welcome to the Colorado WIC Certification Training Program
Links and resources to all the required training activities can be found here. The Colorado WIC Program requires all training activities to be successfully completed and documented according to the instructions in the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 1: Review the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 2: Fill out the New Employee Information Form.
Step 3: Refer to the orientation checklists for all required and recommended training activities.
Modules, online courses and activities
Step 4: Complete Level I within three months of hire.
- Orientation module and training activities (March 2019).
- Screening module and training activities (March 2019).
- Nutrition Risk Factor module and training resources (March 2019).
- Food Package module (March 2019).
- Online Compass modules order of completion/objectives (July 2018).
At the conclusion of each module and online course, an online post-test is required. Refer to the CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for instructions.
After successful completion of the Level I modules and post-tests, the new employee will be observed and records reviewed by the supervisor/trainer using the forms below.
Step 5: Complete Level II within six months of hire. At the conclusion of each module and online course, a post-test is required.
- Basic nutrition module (March 2019).
- Breastfeeding module (March 2019).
- Infant nutrition module (March 2019).
- Baby behavior online course: Refer to CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for access instructions.
- Prenatal and Postpartum module (March 2019).
- Preschool child nutrition module (March 2019).
- WIC Visit Assessment and Counseling Evaluation Tool.
Step 6: Complete Level III within nine months of hire. At the conclusion of the online course, a post-test will be administered. The online course contains additional resources to extend the learning.
- Participant-Centered Education online course order of completion/objectives.
- Optional: Handouts and training activities.
For questions about staff training, please contact your nutrition consultant or Brigitte Boyd, nutrition consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-692-2380.