CHOOSING A BIRTHING HOSPITAL
You have a lot of choices when it comes to finding a hospital to deliver your baby. It is best to look for a hospital officially designated as “Baby-Friendly™'' certified. Baby-Friendly™ certified hospitals have staff trained to help you get breastfeeding off to a good start.
- Find a Baby-Friendly™ designated hospital in Colorado.
- Baby-Friendly Hospitals in Colorado: a handout for families.
- My Birth Plan: a helpful guide to help you make a plan with your birth support team.
- WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselors are people who have experienced breastfeeding and have received special training to help you nurse successfully. To learn more, contact your local WIC clinic.
- Office on Women’s Health: breastfeeding tips or call 1-800-994-9662.
- WIC Breastfeeding videos.
- Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition.
- La Leche League International.
- Colorado Breastfeeding Laws: you have the right to breastfeed (bilingual).