Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables with WIC
Great news! The WIC Cash Value Benefit (CVB) for fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables is being adjusted due to inflation and will be increasing to the following amounts:
- Children (over the age of one): $25/month per child.
- Pregnant and Postpartum Participants: $44/month.
- Breastfeeding Participants: $49/month.
- Exclusively Breastfeeding Multiples: $73.50/month.
When will I receive the increased amount?
The increased CVB amounts will be issued at your next WIC appointment, starting with appointments scheduled October 1 and later.
How will I know if the increased benefit for fruits and vegetables is in my account?
After your next appointment:
- Select the “My Benefits” icon in the WICShopper app. If you do not have the app, download and register your eWIC card.
- Go to www.ebtedge.com or call 1-844-234-4950.
Where can I find recipes using fruits and vegetables?
- WIChealth.org - Health eKitchen is an online library of recipes and videos for cooking with WIC foods. WICHealth.org is also where you may be doing your nutrition education activity. If you don’t have an account yet, ask your WIC office for your Family ID to sign up!
- WICShopper App – Recipes – Find recipes that include WIC foods and fruits and vegetables. You can also find these recipes on the app using your smartphone or tablet.
- MyPlate Kitchen – Search from a large selection of recipes, create your own cookbook, or watch videos to learn how to prepare healthy foods for your family.
Who should I contact with questions? Please call your WIC clinic.