Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables with WIC through September 2022!
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act extension, WIC participants over the age of one year will receive a temporary increase of the cash value benefit (CVB) for fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables. This means participants will be able to purchase more fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables at the store.
How much will each WIC participant receive each month THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2022?
- Children (over the age of one): $24/month per child.
- Pregnant and Postpartum Participants: $43/month.
- Breastfeeding Participants: $43-47/month.
why is the increased fruit and vegetable amount only temporary?
In order for WIC to provide the increased amount for fruits and vegetables, funds must be approved by Congress. Work is being done at the Federal level to try to make this change permanent.
How will I receive this increased amount?
The increased Cash Value Benefit (CVB) for fruits and vegetables will be added to your food benefits by April 1. If you have more than one child over the age of one participating on WIC, you will see the increase for each child.
How will I know if the increased benefit for fruits and vegetables is in my account?
Here are some options to check your WIC foods:
- Check the “My Benefits” option in the WICShopper app. If you do not have the app, download the app and register your eWIC card.
- Go to www.ebtedge.com, or call 1-844-234-4950.
- If you have a WIC appointment, you can request your Family Food Benefit list (either in person or emailed to you).
What if I don’t see the increased amount in the WICShopper app, on www.ebtedge.com, or when I call 1-844-234-4950?
Where can I find recipes using fruits and vegetables?
- WIChealth.org - Health eKitchen is an online library of recipes and videos for cooking with WIC foods. WICHealth.org is also where you may be doing your nutrition education activity. If you don’t have an account yet, ask your WIC office for your Family ID to sign up!
- WICShopper App – Recipes - Find recipes that include WIC foods and fruits and vegetables, or on the app using your smartphone or tablet.
- MyPlate Kitchen - Search from a large selection of recipes, create your own cookbook, or watch videos to learn how to prepare healthy foods for your family.